Difficulty Hiring Veterans within Union Constraints Plagued an Energy Manufacturing and Logistics Company
A leader in the oil and gas industry needed to increase the number of skilled technical talent to supplement its Union and Non-Union workforce in refinery locations Nationwide – many of which were in challenging locations.
- Developed a business case for hiring Veterans based on the strong technical qualifications and training military technicians possess
- Created a site-specific recruiting plan that worked in conjunction with Union employment procedures
- Established a Veterans Employee Resource Group to assist in the onboarding process
- Military hires make up more than 30% of all technical hires at U.S. refineries
- On-site events helped each refinery leverage military talent across multiple job families
- Veterans Employee Resource Group helped boost retention rates among Veteran hires during the past 4 years